We made it! It’s the holiday season and my favorite time of year to entertain. This year we are hosting friends and family for the holidays so I wanted to treat them to one of my favorite festive cocktails – The Santa Rita! #ad
You can make this a punch if you’re hosting several people, too. For my main ingredient, tequila, I like to use Lobos 1707. If you live in the Chicago area you can find it at Mariano’s.
A few reasons why I love the award-winning Lobos 1707 tequila besides its smooth elevated taste is Lobos 1707 itself is minority-owned and female-led. For all my basketball fans, Lobos 1707 is backed by cultural icon and basketball legend Lebron James. How cool is that?!
Okay, back to my Santa Rita which is a holiday spin on a classic margarita. What you’ll need for this festive cocktail:
- 2 oz. of Lobos 1707 Tequila
- 3 ounces Cranberry Juice (You can mix red & white cranberry juice for color)
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp of Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Grand Marnier
- Garnish with lime slice, orange slice, cranberries, rosemary
- If you want a fizz – add a splash or two of tonic or soda water
- Add tequila, cranberry juice, lime juice, simple syrup, and Grand Marnier to a shaker over ice.
- Shake vigorously for 3-5 seconds.
- Rim your glass with salt OR sugar and add ice.
- Pour mixture into the glass over ice.
- Garnish with a lime slice, an orange slice, a few cranberries, and a stick of rosemary.
Not only does it look pretty but it tastes delicious, too! I know you’ll love this holiday favorite just as much as we do. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
“Pick up a bottle at your local Mariano’s or you can purchase online. Cheers!